Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sweet Rapture

Liz and I are together at last in sunny Utah. Those of you who pined along with me during our 11 day separation can look at this picture and know that our lonely days are over. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that the reunion was exquisitely sweet.

P.S. The awkward, blank expression on our faces is love.

Now a few updates... Jamaican soccer never happened. I can only assume the Jamaicans caught wind of my skills and decided not to show. My flight from Pittsburgh went off without a hitch. For those of you interested in the varieties of airline snacks available (and I know there are many of you out there) I want to provide an update on Delta's latest offering...The Oatmeal-To-Go-Bar.


Now I normally start with the Sun Chips, move on to the posh Biscoff cookie and then finish with a cool, dry ginger ale. But this time I felt like a meal. The OTGB (as I lovingly call it) is almost a meal. I imagine it would make a fine excuse for a breakfast. There are dehydrated apple chunks, oatmeal and little pieces of glaze. Warm that bad boy up and you got yerself a WARM excuse for a breakfast. Anyway it's probably the most filling thing they offer if your just looking to avoid starvation and it tastes aaight.


In other airplane news, I read all of "Man's Search for Meaning" during my flight. I recommend it to anyone. I should have read it long ago. I'm in an existential psychology program. I will be teaching a course in existential-phenomenological psychology in the Winter and I just barely read the most famous book from one of the most important existential psychologists. Anyway, it was a sobering and inspiring book.

4 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

What can I expect to learn from this book? I am looking for reading material for a up and coming vacation...

Matt M said...

It is only coincedence that the Oatmeal-To-Go-Bars are followed by "Man's Search for Meaning" or is there something deeper you hinting about? Thanks for both recommendations.

Jon, Liz, Max and Luke said...

To Jeff: You can expect to learn about the holocaust, that there is always a meaning and purpose to our lives (even when you're surrounded by death and suffering), and a little about how logotherapy works.

To Matt: The truth is that the Oatmeal-to-go-Bar provided my life with meaning during that 4 hour flight. It's all that kept me alive.

Anonymous said...

How much longer are you guys going to be in Utah?