Sunday, January 27, 2008

Psycho Killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

I need help. Liz has told me I can buy a couple of albums off of itunes and I can't think of any new music I want to buy. This constitutes a mini-crisis. All I can think of are bands from the Golden age between 1977 and 1982. So I turn to you, the Ahern Blog viewing audience, to help me in my time of need. What new music is worth listening to? While you think about it, I hope you will enjoy two of my favorite videos from the Golden Age...



4 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

There is a 100% chance you need to own Daft Punks live concert in Paris released this year entitled: Alive 2007. I don't care if you hate techno - you will absolutely be amazed by this album. Even my parents thought it was amazing. In the short month I have owned it I have probably now listened to it 50+ times.

For more conventional indie rock choices - I have been enjoying TV on the Radio and Band of Horses recently.

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Jon

I hope you have purchased... wisely

Anonymous said...

Thank you to Jeff and anonymous for you recommendations and enigmatic cautionary statements.

Anonymous said...

band of horses are quite delightful. as for new music...I'm not sure. I tend to like more stuff than you. I'm in need of new music myself. musical ruts are the worst...So are decisions.