Friday, June 20, 2008

"Beautiful Only Slightly Mental"

The other day as I was eating lunch and I had a rare calm moment (Max was asleep), I looked at my kitchen table and was struck the simple beauty of the colors of the books and fruit that were on it.



As I pondered, I noticed the titles of the books ("Borderline Personality Organization", "Pathological Narcissism and Borderline Conditions", etc) I thought to myself "My life is weird...who has such books as a permanent fixture on their kitchen table?"

7 comments:

matthew_ahern said...

I know I don't have such books but, each of us needs help with what we are struggling with. I'm glad you are getting the help you need. Live your truth.

It's Me...shell said...

I think it looks really cool. Plus those titles sound like real attention grabbers.

Side of Jeffrey said...

you do sicko. I'm not going to color coat it like the people above...you might be losing it.

Hazel said...

does it bother you that those little white library stickers don't make a straight line?
- libby

Michelle said...

Your apples look delicious!

It's Me...shell said...

P.S. sweet grizzly adams look brother.

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz! I am in Canada visiting with my Mom at my brother's place and missing the grandkids, so I was visiting their blogs and went to yours thru Melissa's. (Such a fun way to keep in touch!) I LOVE your family picture - Max is SO cute with those big blue eyes! Visit our blog thru Am's. I like your table decor as well...could probably have used some of the literature myself! So glad you are now "managing your blog" ...will pop in from time to time. Happy 4th! Love, Aunt Barbara