I recently read about a blog that strives to be as dull as possible. The cool thing is that in striving to be dull with posts like...
"I was standing quite near to a wall. I turned my attention towards it for a few moments. Having done this for several seconds I turned away from it and carried on doing something else."
...The blog manages to create moments that are almost poetic. Something about the factual description of some of the mundane moments we all share but don't talk about, actually becomes quietly compelling when read in succession. I also think it's friggin' hilarious. I'm quite sure I've read blog posts (heck I've probably written them) rivaling this blog in their painstaking descriptions of mind numbing minutia. Anyway, check it out. The URL is:
http://www.dullestblog.com/
P.S. Many of the comments left on the blog are also hilarious.
2 comments:
I will have to check it out. good times.
Hiya Ahern family! I'm actually a friend of Jon's from high school. I found you through Carrie's blog. Just thought I'd throw you a hello! :D Long time no see!
Post a Comment