As football season is beginning to start...i have officially lost my husband. Notice the focus on his face as LISTENS, yes that is right...listens to coverage of a Redskins game. He is desperate enough for his football fix, that he is even willing to sit in the dank basement for long hours soaking in the play by play. Never in our marriage has jon been so focused on me for 4 hours.
As Max was asleep for the night...and i was wanting to be with jon, i found myself feeling very bored and taking photos. The first one i call "pissed and bored."
After a while of this... i realized that for the next 5 months i could endure hours of this...or i could too become a football fan in order to share a common hobby with my hubby.
Thus jon has begun to explain the basic rules of football to me... the real test of my basic football knowledge will come this Saturday for the BYU game. I am going to try to feign interest, until i actually have some! Maybe someday there will be a picture of me posted doing this!
4 comments:
Liz--I feel your pain. I too was forced to feign interest in the Redskins. In our Elem. school in the DC area we had to sing "Hail to the Redskins" after we said the pledge. I'd be happy to teach it to you, and you can sing it during the games to help you pass the time. "Fight on, fight on 'til we have won sons of Washington--rah! rah! rah!" Think about it...
I feigned a love of soccor once and it turned out REALLY well for me. Keep at it!
ah-ha, "pissed and bored" Liz is one of my favorite Lizes.
Liz,
I completely understand what you are going through. However, now I am too busy to care!
Post a Comment