
So last night Jon and i found these posters that we really like for our kitchen. We have been needing some decor, and have always liked this style. The only possible problem is that they are liquor ads. I ask...is this a problem? I don't know. We don't drink obviously, but wonder if these posters will offend others in our circle. I have been feeling like we can't invite any of our friends over now. But then again...sometimes you just can't care what people think. Any thoughts?
I'd love to hear comments.
8 comments:
If they choose to get offended, they aren't truly your friends. You are who you are - take it or leave it. Everyone decorates differently. Another aspect of our uniqueness. Plus - it is you that lives with it all day. Pick what you enjoy.
I'm offended just looking at them! Okay...not really! Ummm...don't think anyone will notice, but if they do...who cares.
Here's the deal I didn't notice they were for alcohol till you mentioned it. Who cares what people think. if you care that much put a little sign in them that say non alcoholic. problem solved
I knew i liked you people! While i think they are quite bold, i like them...so they are staying.
So, I am kind of late on the conversation but, I think that you just pretend they aren't. If someone says, "Are those posters for alchohol?" You say, "No, I don't think so." "No, I really think they are." "No, I don't think there is anything about that in there." This can just keep on going until they give up. Maybe you can also ask them why they are so focused on sin.
To hell with your dorky friends. It would be different if Max could read and was going to ask you about them....but that's just me.
PS, Of course Sam still loves the Steelers, but he is rooting for the Giants in the big game.
So I have discovered your blog from Amy & Marshall's a few months ago, but every time I start to post a comment, the computer shuts down or the baby starts crying or the phone rings...anyway, I feel like a major lurker and by golly, I WILL comment this time.
So my opinion is - so what if people think you are raging closet alcoholics! I'm kidding, but I really love those posters--especially with your blue table runner. The whole thing just makes me happy.
Anyway, your family is so adorable, and I'm glad that nothing got in the way of me telling you so this time :-)
Sinners!!! Just teasing, I like them a lot. You guys have wonderful taste in liquor ads. You should totally rock it and confuse anyone who actually cares about it!
Post a Comment