Monday, July 7, 2008



I just want to share one of the things i love about the east coast (if you can call pittsburgh the east coast). During the summer there are tons of beautiful fire flies out in the evenings. Being from Utah...i had never experienced this. Lately jon and i have been sitting out on our porch at night, playing the guitar, and watching the forest glitter. We are amazed at the simple beauty of nature every time. We both think it is the perfect way to end the day. Doesn't this make you want to come visit us; it really is worth the trip!

7 comments:

J. said...

Liz! I just saw your link from Janae's blog. It made me happy. The night sky sounds amazing.(this is Jennie by the way)

Michelle said...

We get those cool glow bugs too!

Rick and Janae said...

We are enjoying the fire flies too. Wyatt has a little net that he chases then around with, we are yet to catch one.

Anonymous said...

We had fireflies in brazil whilst I was on my mission. They were amazingly cool but they were not afraid to buzz your head and check you out. I sometimes wondered what the fireflies were thinking:" what is this big, earthbound, non-light bearing creature? must suck to be him?" Oh well, glad you are enjoying one of the beauties of the beauties of the east coast.

Jordan

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the about the typo, I am tired and can't see very well what I am doing. Moreover, I have not developed a typing stutter.

Jordan

Erica Huff said...

Sounds like a perfect day to end a day!

Larson Family said...

Nice try Liz, we all know Pittsburgh is a hole. But seriously, I'm glad you've found something you like about it!