Friday, March 27, 2009

Let me just say...i have had it with optimism. Nope. I am done. We all know I have tried to like Pittsburgh; to look past its problems. But, now that my dream of leaving is actually possible, i can't help but feel released from my obligation to be something i am not...optimistic. I think i am a realist...and lets be honest now... which is better:



ewwww


OR


ahhhh...what splendor!

So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pray for us that jon can find a job in utah!

10 comments:

matthew_ahern said...

I say, take the train East and your good to go.

Barbara said...

For sure! We will all be praying for you to come HOME!!!

kate said...

hee hee. well, we'll certainly hate to see you go, but those mountains do look awfully good. can we call you for hang out when we're in utah this summer?

Dellany Higby said...

Will do! We want you back just as bad as you want to come back!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds kind of miserable. Is that really how you will remember Pittsburgh?

We will miss you here.

It's Me...shell said...

Oh you know I will!

Anonymous said...

You are Utah obsessed! Let’s find some other pictures of Pitts that can better compete with your one dreamland.

http://pittsburgh.issa.org/pittsburgh.jpg

http://futonplanet.com/pic/pittsburgh.jpg
http://www.pittsburghskyline.com/pittsburgh.jpg

http://z.about.com/d/pittsburgh/1/0/L/6/balloons_pittsburgh-1280.jpg

alison said...

I have to agree that your photo selections maybe a little biased, but we definitely want you guys to come back.

Jon, Liz, Max and Luke said...

This is Jon with a response to "Anonymous" #2. Although I think that Liz's picture selection might have been a bit biased (in part for humorous effect). I gotta say that all of your pictures featured one area of Pittsburgh (downtown, particularly one view of downtown) that do not necessarily factor into your everyday life if you are living in the South Hills. The picture she chose of Utah is actually one you would see everyday in the area Liz grew up. I also have to say that the picture of Pittsburgh she posted is quite typical of an everyday driving around Pittsburgh.
While I'm at it. I think I should add that perhaps responses from people like you who are probably in her ward, but nonetheless offer anonymous critiques of her on her blog, might signal another reason she is dissatisfied with the Pitt.

Jon, Liz, Max and Luke said...

wow...thanks jon...its always nice to have a protective husband.

My thoughts aren't usually that black and white ...i was just in the mood to vent. There are things i like and dislike about both cities...and i have mixed feelings about leaving, naturally.