Monday, October 27, 2008



Okay people. I have a confession to make...i have fallen victim to Twiglight series mania. I have made a conscious effort to avoid these books up until a month ago, at which point my boredom led me to try the first book in the series. In the beginning i thought they were silly and that i wouldn't get hooked...and as it turns out...yes they are silly and yes i am hooked. Is it just me or are just a toned down lusty romance novel. I always feel guilty for some reason reading them...maybe b/c i know consciously that what is perpetuating my intrigue is the sexual tension between the main characters. Will it ever end? Also, i think that secretly every girl wants to be loved by someone the way Edward loves Bella (ironically this sort of love is neither realistic nor healthy)...and we live vicariously through her while reading it. So every woman comes away from reading it feeling like a million bucks,(i know of no males who have read this),and also having escaped into a fantasy world which is infinitely more exciting than being stay at home mom, usually. Ahhhh.....anywyas.. i find myself constantly thinking about it...and now, looking forward to the premier! Who am i...and where did sensible liz go?

9 comments:

Side of Caitlin said...

unacceptable.

Side of Jeffrey said...

Um, that was Jeff that wrote the above...not Caitlin.

The Kidds said...

HA! I understand. I fought the books too because I couldn't make myself read a book about vampires... it seemed so junior high-ish. But once I started- I literally became useless around the house until I finished. I think Shaun was ready to kick me out. Anyway- you can have Edward. I liked Jake better.

Alison said...

I must say that sounds all to familiar. Although reading Breaking Dawn finally broke me of my addiction.

It's Me...shell said...

Now I'm scared to follow through with my promise to Ali. I Promised I'd read at least the first book. I hope i don't fall into the temptation of sparkle vampires.

Amberly said...

I think I'm the last woman on earth that hasn't read it yet!! I just can't imagine spending my free time (which isn't very much) reading a vampire romance novel. It is highly addictive to every one that has ever read it though...

Dellany Higby said...

Oh no liz!!! I am this (which I don't know how to show how much this really is...) close to giving in! And it really doesn't help that someone so sensible is obsessing over it. Hehe. I guess I shouldn't be so nonconformist, it is not like I have better things to waste my time doing!

Larson Family said...

Liz, this is just not right. What is up with your blog. The music and advertisements are distracting me! Didn't we talk about this!

Larson Family said...

Okay, me again. I gave in and am reading Twilight also.....I just had to see what the fuss is all about!